Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Middle Level Podcast

www.anniefox.com/fc.html

I was actually looking for a middle school blog when I stumbled across this awesome podcast!! Annie Fox interacts with a variety of people about a variety of issues with middle school aged children. The issues range from ADHD to fitting in to moms seeking advice. I was blown away by the site because it is geared mainly towards parents. The name of the podcast is Family Confidential. This podcast can also speak to a variety of listeners as I am not a parent, but still found the issues addressed to be geared towards educators as well. This podcast fits into the scope of This We Believe because it addresses some curriculum related issues as well as behavioral issues, etc.

-Shay Eddings

5 comments:

  1. Shay,
    You hit the jackpot on this one! I could just scroll down the list of podcasts to find the one that peaked my interest or shared my concern as a parent or teacher. I decided to give a listen to the Good girl/Real girl. As a parent of 3 daughters; ages 9, 11 and 13, I need all the help I can use all the help I can get understanding these three works of art. These insights will be most helpful as I work on relationships with my students as well. Thanks for treasure chest. - Gina Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent podcasts! There are so many to choose from that can be very beneficial to parents. As we have discussed in our chats it is important for parents to get involved in their child’s education. I decided to listen to the podcast about putting an end to bullying. It gave great tips for teachers, administrators, and parents to help with bullying. ~Wendy Marney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed listening to the podcast with Katherine Ellison. The book Paying Attention to Attention Disorders is her book written about ADD/ADHD. Katherine and her son are both diagnosed with ADD and she writes about her experiences observing her son and really “paying attention”. She really talks about being calm around students with ADD/ADHD because he helps their behavior. That is important to remember in the classroom. We want to have the most decorated classroom with great posters on the wall and charts everywhere. We think it will help the students, when most of the time, it is a huge distracter.
    Sarah Shewmaker

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy you all found the podcast as useful as I did!

    Shay Eddings

    ReplyDelete